Request for Proposals: 2019 Community Seed Grant Program
The UCLA Kaiser Permanente Center for Health Equity, in collaboration with the UCLA Jonsson Comprehensive Cancer Center and Dra. Monica Salinas, invite proposal submissions for our 2019 Equity Center Community Seed Grant.
At least twelve grants of $5,000 are available to support local community based organizations in their work to improve health in vulnerable, local population groups. The grant period is for one year, starting in summer, 2019.
- 501(c)(3) organization, including community and faith-based organizations, advocacy groups,
coalitions, neighborhood associations, or service providers
- Located in Los Angeles County or surrounding counties
Applications will be evaluated based on:
- Whether they address an important health equity issue/need
- Level of community engagement
- Anticipated impact of the project
- Likelihood that project will be sustainable and/or lead to a larger effort
Priority will be given to proposals that demonstrate novel approaches and high levels of community commitment. Funds may be used to expand, enhance, or evaluate existing programs, or to support new programs.
- Download and complete the PDF application.
- Submit the application (sections 1 through 7) in PDF format, along with 1-2 letters of support in PDF format, to Sylvia Lopez at firstname.lastname@example.org, and cc Michelle Guerra at email@example.com.
Any questions about the application process may also be directed to Sylvia at 310-983-3868.
The deadline to submit applications is 5pm on Friday, January 18, 2019.
Recipients will be announced in April, 2019.