Family Health Care Centers of Greater Los Angeles
Family Health Care Centers of Greater Los Angeles (FHCCGLA) has been making an impact on Southern California communities since 1925, when the organization opened its doors as The Mother’s Clinic in Los Angeles' historic Bradbury Building. The Clinic’s founder, Dr. Henry Brainerd, was a champion of women’s health. Dr Brainerd and The Mother’s Clinic founding physicians hoped to foster a community where “every child is a wanted child,” and to become a trusted resource to women in Los Angeles for services ranging from birth control to prenatal, obstetric and pediatric care. The Mother’s Clinic was open to all in need of services, and no applicant was ever refused treatment because she could not afford to pay. It was a safe haven where women could go to receive compassionate, supportive medical attention.