As a close CPEHN partner, I would like to invite you to CPEHN’s biennial Voices for Change Conference and 25th anniversary on September 12, 2018 in Los Angeles, CA. The conference comes at a critical time for communities of color and advancement of health equity. Please join us and 200 other advocates, allies, policymakers, and providers to Mobilize for Health Equity! We hope you will join us. Early bird registration ($40) ends August 3rd!
Voices for Change 2018 Keynote Speaker: Maria Hinojosa
As the Anchor and Executive Producer of Latino USA, distributed by NPR, as well as Co-Host of InThe Thick podcast, Maria Hinojosa has informed millions about the changing cultural and political landscape in America and abroad. Hinojosa has reported hundreds of important stories — often taking viewers into communities rarely shown on television. Now at the Futuro Media Group, Hinojosa continues to bring attention to experiences and points of view that are often overlooked or underreported in mainstream media, all while mentoring the next generation of diverse journalists to delve into authentic and nuanced stories that impact their communities.
CPEHN’s biennial Voices for Change Conference will feature 6 workshops covering a broad range of health issues including:
- Advancing health care: know what to expect on further federal threats and opportunities in California for advancing health care for all.
- Promoting community healing and resilience: building off the CRDP conference, we highlight innovative ways communities are taking collective action to advance healing and resilience.
- Ensuring equitable communities: lean about local models that integrate equity into community development such as housing, transportation, and community planning.
- Integrating health: listen to promising strategies for health system transformation in oral and behavioral health.
- Making the case for oral health: learn how oral health impacts overall health and hear strategies to strengthen workforce, revenues, and access to care.
- Immigrant health and safety: hear how California is fighting back and leading efforts to protect immigrant communities.
Check out the Voices for Change webpage for more information about speakers!
Join #VoicesForChange2018 -- register today here at the Voices for Change registration page. Sponsorships are still available! Please contact Aviva Prager to increase your visibility by registering or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fee waivers are available. Please register, select “pay later” and indicate that you are requesting a fee waiver.
Let’s join together to make CPEHN’s biennial Voices for Change Conference on September 12, 2018 a monumental event and celebration!