REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS: 2020 COMMUNITY SEED GRANT PROGRAM
The UCLA Kaiser Permanente Center for Health Equity, in collaboration with the UCLA Jonsson Comprehensive Cancer Center and Dra. Monica Salinas, invite the submission of proposals for funding through our 2020 Community Seed Grant Program.
Ten grants of $5,000 each are available to support local community-based organizations in their work to improve health in vulnerable, local population groups. The one-year grant period will begin in Summer, 2020.
- 501(c)(3) organization, including community and faith-based organizations, advocacy groups, coalitions, neighborhood associations, or service providers.
- Located in Los Angeles County or surrounding counties.
- UCLA faculty members, staff and students are NOT eligible to apply or receive any funds through this mechanism. However, they may assist community groups in their applications.
- If you have any questions related to your eligibility, please contact us prior to applying.
Applications will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
- Importance of health equity issue/need.
- Level of community engagement (for example, partnering with a neighborhood group).
- Use of funds to seed new activities (e.g., to support a new program, or to expand, enhance, or evaluate an existing program). Priority will be given to proposals to seed new activities versus support ongoing efforts.
- Anticipated impact of the project.
- Likelihood that project will be sustainable and/or lead to a larger effort.
- Download and complete the PDF application. Do not go beyond the space provided on the application form.
- Collect 1-2 letters demonstrating community support for the project.
- Combine the application and letters of support into one PDF document, and include your organization name in the title of the PDF (for example, “People Helping People 2020 UCLA Health Equity Seed Grant Proposal”).
- Submit your PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use your organization name in the subject line.
Questions about the application process may be directed to Sylvia Lopez, email@example.com, or 310-983-3868. The application deadline is February 7, 2020 at 5pm PST. Recipients will be announced in early April, 2020.